Thursday 3 May 2012

EVALUATION: What have you learnt about new technologies from the process of creating this product?

Since I begun to produce this product, I have learnt about many new technologies. One of the main ones that I have learnt to use was the use of a camera. I had never really used one of those cameras before and it took me a while to get used to using it. I have learned that it is very important to check what the settings should be before going out and taking photos. This is because I could have saved a lot of time in the process if I had knew that I had knocked the camera in order to make the images too small to use on my front cover. I have also learnt how easy it is to get the right angles for the images through the use of a tripod... and that it isn’t hard to get the right lighting on the right backgrounds.


The second piece of new technology that I am going to discuss is the use of Photoshop. I have found how easy it is to develop my products and to edit them due to this programme. I used the magic wand tool to cut all the images out and to place into the appropriate places. The text itself was also very easy to place onto the final product. This was because I began by creating the copy on Microsoft word. I then created the columns by using text box’s and the grid function (to ensure that all my spacing was correct). Then all that I had to do was copy and paste the text into the appropriate places. I also got my musical notes from this programme in its shapes section. This allowed me to make sure that my cover is unique, and stands out from many others that you may find in the shops.


Throughout the process of creating my product, I have also been keeping track of all of my process through the use of my blog. This has meant that as well as becoming a consumer, I have also become a prosumer. This is because by using the blog, I have been expanding my own knowledge and I have been able to see what other people think about my product itself. I have been publishing my work on the internet for everybody else to see.


No comments:

Post a Comment